Friday, October 30, 2009

Radio Waves

How often have you listened to the radio and the perfect song comes on? I'm not talking about a song you love just 'cause it's got a good beat and you like to sing along. I'm thinking about a song that speaks to what you're living at that particular moment, one that gets to the heart of the matter.

Today while balancing the checkbook the kids were building forts for shelter animals (aka our poor beleaguered cat, Milo), and the radio is going. While balancing the checkbook, my mind was a bit troubled over something in my life that's not working, something that I want to change but am really afraid to make the change.

And then that perfect song came on and spoke to me, as if the words were coming straight from the Throne of Heaven.


I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's OK
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness

Word of God speak

~ Word of God Speak by MercyMe

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yep...I love it when that happens. :)