Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When you give a carpenter a new deck....

We decided that our old deck (20+ years) needed to be replaced. It was so bad that you couldn't even walk barefoot on the deck without chancing splinters in your feet. While we were at it, we decided to put in a pool. And while we were at that, we decided to add in an upper deck to access said pool. While it's not 100% complete (the deck portion, that is), the pool has been getting a work-out since it warmed up in late May. Here's a few photos of the kids showing off their moves.







Charlotte lines up for her jump


I didn't ask, but I think it's called the frog jump.


Ker-plunk



Now a word about my new radio. I knew we'd be clocking some hours outside in the pool this summer, so when asked what I wanted for my birthday last month, I said "a poolside radio to listen to some tunes while we were in the pool!" Mike, my carpenter husband, went out and found me the mother of all radios. Here it is, and I gotta say it rocks!!





Eric doing his ninja moves
(and though he looks really boney in this photo, we do feed him.)


Look at all those custom cuts on the wood. Mike rocked it on the deck!


No comments: