Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I saw this idea on someone else's blog a couple months ago and thought to myself, "What a great idea!" This time of year tends to bring out some materialism in me, which I try to rebel against, but I'm only human.....I like to spoil my children at Christmas because we don't buy much for them during the year. This year I've had to to put the brakes on the "spoiling", and it's been a real exercise in self-control. So it's good for me to pause and be thankful for what we already have instead of focusing on the have-nots! And combine this with last week's message at our church (gratitude), and I think I've got myself a topic on which to blog!


Here are five things I'm thankful for today (in no particular order):

1. A computer with an internet connection! (of course!)

2. A warm, toasty home on this frigidly cold day!

3. My dear friend, Lynda, who visited last week. I always look forward to her annual visits!

4. My husband Mike, who has not shied away from taking on some odd side jobs this past month to help make ends meet. He's such a good provider for his family!

5. Charlotte's giggles. They're infectious.



It's good to hear other people being thankful. It's not that I don't want to hear out your problems, but listening to people being thankful is uplifting, don't ya think? If you've ever listened to someone complaining all the time you can probably relate to what I'm saying. So tell me, what are you thankful for this Thursday? Just click on the "wonderful comments" link and let me know (You don't need an account to leave a comment.....just click on the Anonymous option but remember to sign your name in the body of the comment.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not Thursday anymore....but I'm still thankful!

I'm thankful for....

My two healthy children.
Also our toasty home(especially today!).
Loving, helpful parents(both mine & my husband's).
A wonderful church family.
The sunshine.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your...."thankful thoughts" (borrowing the term from our pastor!) :-) Spending a minute or two outside in our neck of the woods is enough to make anyone appreciate the warmth when they walk inside!