Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Woeful Tale of Slow Death

(Oh I can hear you saying, "And a Merry Christmas to you too. Geesh.")

So back to our pre-lit Christmas tree. I had discussed some problems we were having with it a couple weeks ago (see story here). After the cheap fix, things were looking good. That is, till Thursday. I was in Eric's bedroom hanging out with the kids after dinner. From his room you can partially see the tree in the living room. And that's when I noticed that the lights on the top 10-12" of the tree are unlit. I can only conclude that the 6th Christmas for our tree is it's undoing. Mike and I are just (sort of) laughing about it and holding our breath, quite unsure how our tree is going to look come Christmas Eve and morning. We're of the mind that the only lights on the thing that'll be working are the $2 strand we picked up at Menards a couple weeks ago.

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

LOL Cheryl....poor tree. Our prelit tree this year had not a single light that worked!LOL!! All of them were dead and we also just put on cheap lights....I think this is the last year for the poor tree....

Cheryl said...

I'm convinced there's a light gremlin out there! A friend of ours had the same problem as you (and the same fix, lol). And today as I was leaving church I noticed our mammoth lobby tree has a mid-section that was unlit! It's an epidemic, lol!