Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School

It seems insanely early, even to me, that Eric has returned to school as a second grader. Doesn't August 18th seem early?? And the soonest these kids (and teachers) can hope for summer break to begin is May 27th, 2009, assuming there are zero snow days....in Illinois. I'm so not feeling any guilt about pulling him out of school for 4 days in October for our trip to Florida! In my mind he got ripped off, so we're just giving him back a week of the summer vacation he got shorted! Yeah, that's it.....delivering justice for my kid.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely follow your line of thought about the trip to Florida. :) We leave this Sunday, missing the first full week of school ourselves.

Oh well. It's the trip of a lifetime.

Eric sure looks happy to be heading back though, eh? :)

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

We do not go back until Sept 3rd here. Seems like summer went by in a flash this year.