Friday, August 8, 2008

A Favorite Website

In an effort to keep things fresh and moderately interesting around here, some friends and I are going to occasionally challenge each other with blog ideas. Feel free to jump on in if you have your own blog and let me know so I can go read about your favorite website!

A favorite website that I frequent at least a couple times a week is All Recipes . Half of the dinners and desserts I make come from that website! It's so user friendly; you can search based on ingredients you have on hand or for a particular dish. It's easy to create your online recipe box, so when you find something that looks interesting, you can add it to your box for future use. Before you print the recipe, you can alter the serving size, and it will adjust the ingredient amounts for you; also, you can print it as a 3x5, 4x6 or full page recipe. And as if that's not enough for ya, you can rate the recipe, as well as read other cooks' reviews. Very cool site.

Sure, there have been some recipes I've tried that haven't been great, but overall, I've gotten some real winners off that website. Here are a few to get your recipe box started:


Marinara (I no longer buy it in a jar!)



Calzones


Chicken Marinade


Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup


Grilled Mahi Mahi

No comments: