Monday, September 8, 2008

Chevy Chase Has Got To Go

I think I've mentioned before that I do Taebo workouts as my main form of exercise. The music, if you can call it that, is awful on the videos, so I mute it and create a play list on my MP3 player and listen to that instead. I recently created a new play list, 'cause I get tired of the same 'ole thing all the time. My new playlist has the song, "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon. Every day when I get to that song I'm immediately conjuring up images of the 1986 music video of Paul Simon and Chevy Chase, who lip syncs the entire song. Sort of a strange thing to think about when you're exercising, maybe even a little distracting. I found the same problem when I had the song, "Savin' Me" by Nickelback - kept thinking of the video while working out. I think I need to avoid watching any sort of music video of songs I might want to have on an exercise play list.

Because I don't want to be alone in my imagination, I'm going to share the imagery of Chevy Chase with you (tip: First hit the stop button on the play list off to your right). While you're doing that, I'm off to create a new play list.



2 comments:

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

That was too funny

Jill Brochard said...

I love that song -- thanks for the flashback!