Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What It Was All About

I was in the process of posting a bunch of photos from our Labor Day Weekend trip up to see the in-laws, and while I was looking over a few of the photos, one in particular struck me as deserving of it's own post. I took this photo on Saturday night when we went back to the lake to do some more fishing. Mike and Chris got a chance to go out on the lake sans kids, while the kiddos were busily capturing frogs and placing them in Aaron's frog habitat. And me? Well I was busy doing what I was longing to do all week before we even arrived - capturing photos of whatever struck my fancy. That night, I was trying to photograph something that is hard to place your finger on. Being that we don't live up north (and don't get up there very often), it's easy to forget how peaceful it is there. The sky is bigger, the stars are brighter, the trees are taller....and if you listen, you can hear the quiet. I had to let it wash over me, just to fill me up a little bit, because I knew.....eventually.....I'd have to go back home to the traffic, noise, brightly lit night skies, and dimly lit stars. I do love my home, but sometimes I need to inject some calm into my life...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture!!! I want to blow it up, frame it and hang it on my wall! :) You're sooo talented & a fantastic photographer!

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

That is a great photo. So calm and peaceful

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a book cover right there. Ditto Heidi about wanting to frame it and hang it. :-)