Wednesday, February 11, 2009

By The Light Of The Moon

I've been wanting to take some full moon photos for several months, but it's been either overcast and you can't see the moon, the full moon happens on a night when we're not at home, or it's been sub-zero, and I'm afraid to take my camera outside for fear it's insides will freeze or condensation will form after going back into the house. Either that, I just plain forget and miss the boat.

But this week there was a full moon combined with mild temperatures, so I was able to take a few shots. Here's a "Right From The Camera" shot (although I did crop it since I only have a 300mm zoom):





I'm forever playing around with photos in Photoshop, partly to learn the program and also to make my photos look a little better. So here are a few moon shots that I took liberties with:








I think this is my favorite. The changes make the moon look like a marble in the sky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super neat pictures!! I wish my whole house was decorated with your pictures!! :)

Dorian said...

Wonderful, they are so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, you're so talented!

Cheryl said...

Thank you!

JoEllen said...

Awesome pics!!!!