Friday, February 20, 2009

What Defines Your World?

There's a photo contest going on locally, and the photo submitted needs to define your world as interpreted by the photographer. I'm not really sure why I wanted to enter the contest; certainly it's not the "grand prize" of $25.......maybe I just wanted a reason to challenge myself.

So, what defines your world?

I had to think about that for only a moment. It wasn't too difficult to decide that my faith and family are what define my world. However, getting my family together for a photo that would actually look good was a challenge I was not up for this week, plus it also seemed a bit cliche to turn in a photo of loved ones for a contest entitled "define your world". Maybe that's just me, but I decided to step away from that idea. I then came up with a couple of ideas for my faith, but didn't care for how it translated to a photograph, so back to the "drawing board" I went.

Long story short, the photo below is what I turned in. If I had to name it, I suppose I'd call it Plans Happily Deferred. That defines my world too.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your picture! Great colors!

Cheryl said...

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you. Your photos are so amazing!