Wednesday, February 25, 2009

'Lil Peeps

I had to run over to Walgreens this morning for some packaging tape. I'm getting back into selling stuff on ebay, and one item needed to ship today. On the way to the "office supplies" aisle, we passed by the Easter candy aisle. Since Charlotte was with me, there was no way we were walking out of that store without a trip down the Seasonal Aisle. I secretly didn't mind because I was looking for these special jelly beans that are coated in Nerd candy. Truth be told, I don't like jelly beans, but these are different. Last year after I "discovered" them, I ate two bags all by myself. They're soooooo good. I was seriously disappointed that they didn't have my nerd jelly beans this year; however, they did have Peeps. Charlotte loves Peeps, and was nearly drooling over the selection of shapes and colors from which to choose.


Me: What do you like about Peeps?

Charlotte: The mush mellow, the pink of it all, the sugar. EVERYTHING! And the chocolate.

Me (perplexed): There's no chocolate on Peeps.

Charlotte (hear the eye roll in her response): The eyes are chocolate!

So beware of the Peeps if you're taking a sugar-crazed child into the store. They're out there.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate!! lol She's way too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Those Nerds Bumpy Jelly Beans are THE BEST!!! Chris and I first tried them at the airport when we picked Mary up after Christmas and then we were on a quest to find these things! haha We found them (three hours away) at Target and they were just called Chewy Nerds. After you posted this we found them as the "Bumpy Jelly Beans" at Wal Mart and of course got a bag!! Our splurge! haha They're really great, aren't they?! :)

Cheryl said...

LOL Heidi! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is addicted to these bumpy jelly beans (silly name too!) I haven't shared even one jelly bean from my package. I usually wait till the kids are in bed to snack on them, lol.