Thursday, October 2, 2008

Flipped The Switch

I've tried holding off as long as possible, but this year I had to flip the switch a bit early. The switch I'm talking about is the thermostat where I turned it from "off" to "heat". You could say it's been a bit chilly in the house in the mornings the past week or so, but this morning it was down to 64 degrees which is a tad brisk, even for me - the heat miser. So the switch got flipped this morning, and as I type, it's a toasty 70 degrees. It looks like the sun will shine all day and heat the place up for free so the heat doesn't have to work too hard. Hopefully it'll be a very sunny winter, because we need all the help we can get. It's getting mighty expensive to live in America, eh?

2 comments:

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

It is getting expensive to live here in the good ol USA. I have not turned on the heat yet but I will be soon. It is chilly today.

Lynda Manstrom said...

I think we've still got a few weeks before we flip the switch. We keep our thermostat set to 60 in the winter, and the inside temp hasn't dropped below that yet. But I have pulled the flannel-lined jeans out of storage!