Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ford Fiesta



A few months ago I heard on the radio that Ford is bringing their Fiesta back. They'll launch it in Europe this year, but it won't make an appearance in the US until 2010. I think this is one of their answers to the rising costs of gas.

The news blurb about the Fiesta instantly brought back a funny memory I have of my friend, Lynda's, first car. I don't recall what year the car was, but I do know it was a Ford Fiesta. I think it was yellow or maybe red?? I'm a little foggy on some details, but I do remember getting in her car one day senior year of high school, and we were headed off who knows where. We wanted to listen to the radio. What teenager doesn't want to listen to some tunes while they're rolling down the highway? Instead, we got windshield wipers. OK, turn off the radio to get the wipers to stop swooshing back and forth. Maybe turn on the wipers to get the radio? No, I think that lit up the headlights. And on it went. We were rolling down the highway in fits of laughter that day. And honestly, I can't think of a better way to travel. But it's always that way with my friend Lynda and me. We've had some interesting road trips over the years, and about the only thing that's changed.......is the transportation.



Long Live The Ford Fiesta







3 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Yeah -- we still see fiesta's here -- one of my good friends has one.

Anonymous said...

LOL

I remember the fiesta well, as two of my friends shared one (they're sisters) in high school and I remember piling 4 of us in there to go shopping. It was a mess. LOL

Shea said...

My friend got one for her 16th birthday which was a big deal because no one I knew ever got a new car. Her parents brought it home for her and it was blue with music notes on it! She almost died but how can you turn your nose up at a free, new car!