Sunday, October 19, 2008

We're Back From Florida!

We got back from our week in Florida on Saturday evening (and no, I didn't get on the computer once while gone! I did schedule some blog posts before I left, though.) We were all exhausted (Eric even fell asleep in the taxi on the way back from O'Hare!) I've transferred all the photos from the memory cards to my computer....all 775 of them (I actually didn't take as many at Disney as I thought I would. More than half of those photos are from the 3 days we spent at St. Pete Beach!)

We had a wonderful time, though, and the kids experienced a lot of "firsts" (first plane ride, first time to Disney, first time to see the ocean, first time playing miniature golf, etc.) Disney was a lot of fun and there were some awesome moments that even I couldn't have planned! As I was wandering around Epcot, it dawned on me that I had gotten too caught up in the planning and didn't realize that it's a lot of fun just to be there. The few days we spent in Orlando were just enough for us. We spent full days at both Epcot on Sunday and Magic Kingdom on Tuesday (sooooo glad we took Monday as a "day off", lol! As it turned out, Monday was a rainy day - on and off all day, so it was perfect for souvenir shopping, mini gulf, swimming and relaxing. At one point we were the only ones out in the hot tub when it started pouring rain - it felt so awesome to have the cool rain fall on us while soaking in the jacuzzi!)

But I tell ya, Disney paled in comparison to the natural beauty, serenity and general relaxation of St. Pete Beach. I was worried the kids would find the St. Pete Beach portion of the trip boring in comparison to the fantasy of Disney. But I think they loved SPB as much, if not more, than Disney! Not only was I a bit relieved by this, but also happy-proud that they could enjoy vacation without needing to be entertained non-stop by rides, characters, treats, and shows.

More vacation details will follow, along with a "few" photos (no, I won't bore you with all 775 of them). Sadly, I haven't even finished editing all the photos from our Labor Day trip up to "The Big Woods" (sorry Heidi. I haven't forgotten to burn a CD for you; just haven't finished with the photos yet! Soon, soon.....) Hopefully after the kids are in bed tonight I can take a closer look at the Florida photos and pick a few favorites to share.

No comments: