Thursday, July 3, 2008

Almost seven years later.....

Breaking News!! Eric loses the first tooth he ever got! The first one broke the surface on or around October 1, 2001. And on July 3, 2008, it fell out during dinner. All I can say is, "It's about time!" He'd be wiggling that thing, laying it down flat, turning it this way and that...I wanted to yank it out of there; it was giving me the heebie jeebies. I had longed to get one of those adorable shots of him with that Big Gap where the baby tooth once resided. Alas, that is not to be. Eric's permanent tooth has been coming in for some time behind the cling-on baby tooth, so now it just looks........less crowded in there.



Same thing is happening to the other middle bottom tooth. I'm going to remain hopeful that the upper teeth will high tail it out of there before the permanent teeth start coming in so I can have my photo.

So I asked Eric what his friends get for their teeth from the Tooth Fairy. He said one friend, who lives across the street, got ten cents. Hmmmm, I'm thinking we're going to look like parents of the year here when we give him a buck or something. My bubble was quickly burst, however, when he went on to happily explain that his school friends all got five bucks for each tooth. I guess being parent of the year will evade me again....Easy come, easy go.

Edited (7/4/08) - Talk about a lucky kid! After he fell asleep I went into my wallet to grab out a couple bucks for the tooth. I was telling Mike that all I ended up finding was a ten and a five. He actually asked me which one I gave to the boy! Hello?! Uhhhh.....the five? So I guess I'm parent of the year by default. Haha! Hopefully Eric enjoys it. Next time the tooth fairy will be more prepared.

2 comments:

Dorian said...

Yeah, it came out!!! Welcome to the world of lost teeth, buddy!!

We have always given $5 for the first tooth, since it's such a big moment. Then it's down to a $1 for the others.

Cheryl said...

Hi Dorian! That's what we're thinking - $5 for the first one, and just a buck for the rest of them. Thanks for checking out my blog!