Saturday, July 12, 2008

It must be summer!

I occasionally visit a Christian Mom’s online forum and from time to time a blog challenge is put out there. A recent challenge was to post 10 photos of summer. I wanted to participate in the challenge, but really didn’t have 10 photos I was willing to share (that perfectionist in me.) However, the challenge ended up being a launch pad for another blog idea. My weekly photography assignment was to take a photo looking down. I was coming up short in the creativity department till it hit me to combine both challenges – summer and looking down!

Come warm, summery weather, I don my flip flops and sandals or go barefoot. I love freeing up those toes! Part of what has become synonymous with summer for me is painted toenails! I rarely paint them in the winter, because I’m always wearing shoes, boots or slippers. Why go to the hassle to look at them only while I’m in the shower, ya know? But come summer, I just love picking out a new color each week to give those pinkies some pizzazz. There’s nothing like painted toes to make me feel all girlie and to remind me that it is once again summer!




No comments: