Saturday, July 5, 2008

Old Buildings

Photography is a passion of mine. What makes a hobby more fun is to be good at it!! The best way to understand photography is to take lots of pictures. To that end, I undertake one photo assignment per week which 1.) requires me to keep the camera handy at all times, not packed away in the bag; and 2.) trying different topics and subject matter while using different settings under different light conditions. Fortunately I can say I only used the auto settings on my camera for about the first month I owned it, and I haven't looked back since. It's way more fun to shoot manually, and makes me feel like I'm more than just an amateur. :-)

From time to time I'll post some of my "weekly photos", like today (lucky you)! The photo below is the result of this week's effort (which was an effort, since I got up at 5:45 a.m. to catch that less harsh morning light!) I added on a filter in Photoshop Elements 6 (PSE6 henceforth; please make a note of it ;-D), then reduced opacity. And there you have it - old buildings.



1 comment:

Dorian said...

Fantastic picture!! I love the colors.